The EIR Accessibility Coordinator at UTA has developed an Excel scorecard for VPATs®. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request the scorecard be emailed to you.
The scorecard excel file has 5 worksheets:
Worksheet 1 - Instructions: Provides a description of each tab and the tables on each tab.
Worksheet 2 - Score: This worksheet has 8 separate tables as described below
- EIR Details - provide general information such as name of the resource, cost and use
- Accessibility and Risk Grade - a calculated table; no input required
- Score - a calculated table; no input required
- Responses - a calculated table; no input required
- Weights - a calculated table; no input required. You have the option to customize how responses are weighted
- Disabilities Impacted - a calculated table that advises which portions of the population are expected to be impacted by use of this resource
- UTA Approval Methods - the letter grade correlates to our approval methods and when an exception form is required
- Risk Grade - indicates the parameters for the risk factor.
Worksheet 3 - ACR Responses: Input the responses from the vendor.
Worksheet 4 - Criteria by Impact: This table explains which types of disabilities are impacted by each WCAG criteria.
Worksheet 5 - File Updates: A running list of upgrades to the scorecard.
Most data entry is made in Worksheet 3. Simply indicate by entering a 1 in the appropriate response column for each WCAG criteria. Worksheet 2 will display a score and grade based on the tallied responses.
In Worksheet 2, you will also provide additional information indicating the cost, the number of users and the confidence in the ACR responses. These factors will help calculate the Risk response.
Currently, the scorecard lists both WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 criteria because that matches the VPAT® template. However, only WCAG 2.0 criteria are included in the scores because that is the legal requirement for State of Texas agencies. If Texas Administrative Code is updated to 2.1, the score calculations will be updated.