- Add alternative text (alt text) to all images, hyperlinks, buttons and graphics.
- All videos are captioned with accurate capitalization and punctuation.
- Ensure you have sufficient color contrast. (Minimum contrast requirement is at least 4.5:1.)
- Never use color as a single identifier. (All hyperlinked text must be underlined.)
- All element IDs are unique. (Do not duplicate labels such as “Read More” or “Click Here”.)
- Include a contact number in case an accommodation is needed.
- Ensure that you are following the guidelines published by MME, regarding UTA Identity. These guidelines include selecting the proper colors, when the institutional logo may be used and using the official email signature block.
- Ensure you allow people to Opt Out of your message, unless it is a program requirement.
- Ensure that only those with a job-related reason have access to your email address list and ensure that you have a process to remove access when someone leaves your department.
Electronic and Information Resources Accessibility Coordinator