What is MAVS Stand-Up?
MAVS Stand-Up is recognizing a potentially harmful situation or interaction and choosing to respond in a way that could positively influence the outcome.
Why is MAVS Stand-Up important?
At UTA we believe that everyone has a role to play to keep our community safe. MAVS Stand-Up can help to create a safer campus and empower students, faculty and staff to recognize and reduce harm. Empowering students, staff, and faculty to be active bystanders can help in a number of ways, including:
- Empowering individuals to recognize and respond to signs of suicide
- Addressing high-risk drinking among college students
- Creating a culture where hate speech, bias incidents, and harassment are not tolerated
- Minimizing the risk of sexual assault and interpersonal violence
- Reducing the likelihood of hazing incidents
- Creating an inclusive environment for students with disabilities
- Connecting individuals to important resources and services
We encourage students to be involved on campus and are seeking volunteer and peer educator positions. To find out more please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by filling out an application.