Address : 700 West Greek Row Drive 118 Fine Arts Building Arlington TX 76019-0107
Main Office : 817-272-2163
Communication Advising : 817-272-5760
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Mad Man?
Smart Phones. Magazines. Newspapers. Outdoor Boards. Television. Radio. Direct Mail. The Internet. Tablets. Advertising is all around us everyday. It is an integral part of the economy. In the Advertising sequence students learn the art of persuasion.
What Can You Do With An Advertising Degree?
- Media Buying and Placing
- Advertising Sales
- Account Executive
- Marketing Research
- Creative Advertising Design
Courses In The Major
- COMM 2311 - Writing for Mass Media
- COMM 3315 - Communication Theory
- COMM 3300 - Communication Technology
- COMM 3310 - Communication Law and Ethics
- ADVT 2337 - Introduction to Advertising
- PREL 2338 - Introduction to Public Relations
Select Advanced Courses
- COMM 3303 - Communication Graphics
- ADVT 3305 - Advertising Media
- ADVT 4300 - Integrated Marketing Communication Case Studies
- ADVT 3304 - Strategic Communication I (Creative & Copy)
- ADVT 3306 - Strategic Communication II (Creative Visual Communication)
You can find the official link to all Communication and Advertising courses in the University Catalog.
Internships and Opportunities
We encourage all eligible students to do an internship while an Advertising student. Upon reaching upper division status, our students have interned at ad agencies, radio stations, and graphic design firms.