Address : 700 West Greek Row Drive 118 Fine Arts Building Arlington TX 76019-0107
Main Office : 817-272-2163
Communication Advising : 817-272-5760
E-mail : email@example.com
Our faculty are at the forefront of producing impactful, innovative research that has received accolades across the academic community. In academic year 2018-2019, our Department of Communication faculty had 19 journal articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Su, awarded a grant of nearly $360,000 in 2015, continues his work on knowledge hoarding in organizational contexts. Dr. Treymane has been part of two large grants related to the dissemination of fake news, totaling close to $350,000.
See For Yourself
- Su, C. (PI), "Understanding Knowledge Hoarding in Organizational Work Teams from a Transactive Memory and Social Network Experience," Sponsored by Army Research Office (ARO), Federal Funded, Total Amount $65,394.00, Incremental Amount $359,555.00. (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2019).
- Li, C. (PI), Tremayne, M. W. (CoPI), "III: Small: Collaborative Research: Towards End-to-End Computer-Assisted Fact-Checking," Sponsored by National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal Funded, Incremental Amount $320,780.00. (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2020).
- Li, C. (PI), Csallner, C. (CoPI), Tremayne, M. W. (CoPI), "Bot vs. Bot: Automated Detection of Fake-news Bots," Sponsored by Texas National Security Network Fund, State Funded, Incremental Amount $30,000.00. (May 10, 2017 - December 31, 2018).
Funded Grants and Sponsored Research
- Campbell, G. M., Brannon, G. E., Rauscher, E. A., Hesse, C. (2018). The dyadic influence of attachment and affection on relationship satisfaction. 49(1).
- Chatterjee, K. & Pillai, V. K. (2018). Media effects on gender child preference in India. Journal of Research in Gender Studies 8(1): 108–132. doi:10.22381/JRGS8120186
- Chatterjee, K. (In-press). What can we learn about the female condom online? An analysis of visual representations of the female condom on the Internet. Atlantic Journal of Communication.
- Christie, T. B. (2018). Measuring the Relationship of Public Opinion to Mass Media and Policy Agendas for Major Public Issues and Events (pp. 53-60). Sydney:
- Harp, D. M., Loke, J., Bachmann, I. (Eds.). (2018). Feminist Approaches to Media Theory and Research (pp. 276). Palgrave Macmillan. https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319908373
- Bachmann, I., Harp, D. M., Loke, J. (2018). Covering Clinton (2010–2015): meaning-making strategies in US magazine covers. Feminist Media Studies, 18(5), 1-17.
- Harp, D. M., Grimm, J., Loke, J. (2018). Rape, storytelling and social media: how Twitter interrupted the news media’s ability to construct collective memory. Feminist Media Studies, 18(6), 1-17.
- Harp, D. M., Bachmann, I. (2018). Gender and the Mediated Political Sphere from a Feminist Theory Lens. Feminist Approaches to Media Theory and Research (1st ed., pp. 183-193). Palgrave Macmillan. https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319908373
- Harp, D. M. (2018). Misogyny in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election. Mediating Misogyny (pp. 189-207). New York: Palgrave - Macmillan. https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319729169
- Bachmann, I., Harp, D. M., Loke, J. (2018). Through a feminist kaleidoscope: Critiquing media, power, and gender inequalities. Feminist Approaches to Media Theory and Research (pp. 1-15). Palgrave Macmillan. https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319908373
- Jordan, A. J., Shelley, W. (2018). Fake News? An Exploration of Political Polarization, Selective Exposure and Political Misinformation on Facebook. Electronic Journal of Communication, 28(1-2). http://www.cios.org/www/ejc/v28n12toc.htm
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J., Schroeder, J. (2018). Emma Goldman’s No-Conscription League and the First Amendment. New York: Routledge.
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J., Coyle, E., Schroeder, J., Ward, K. (2019). Historical Roundtable: Legal and Historical Understanding of the First Amendment. Historiography in Mass Communication, 5(1), 31-43.
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J. (2019). Disunion or Submission? Southern Editors and the Nullification Crisis, 1830–1832. In D. Sachsman, G. Borchard, & D. Lisica (Eds.), The Antebellum Press: Setting the Stage for Civil War. Routledge.
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J. (2019). Newspapers from 1820 to 1860. In R. Zboray & M. Saracino Zboray (Eds.), U.S. Popular Print Culture to 1860 (vol. 5). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Su, C. (in press). Give or keep? A transactive memory approach to understanding knowledge hoarding on the organizational digital knowledge repository. International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies.
- Zhao, X., Zhan, M., Liu, B. (2018). Disentangling Social Media Influence in Crises: Testing A Four-Factor Model of Social Media Influence with Twitter Big Data. Public Relations Review.
- Zhao, X., Zhan, M., Jie, C. (2018). Examining the Multiplicity and Dynamics of Publics' Crisis Narratives in Different Topical Communities with Large-scale Twitter Data. Public Relations Review.
Research Exemplars from Our Faculty 2018-2019
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J. (June 27, 2019). Saturday Evening Post. The First Amendment Failed Emma Goldman. https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2019/06/the-first-amendment-failed-emma-goldman/
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J. (May 31, 2019). Clio: Among the Media. https://aejmc.us/history/book-qa-with-erika-pribanic-smith-and-jared-schroeder/
- Pribanic-Smith, E. J. (February 1, 2019). Washington Post. The Newseum was a grand tribute to the power of journalism. Here’s how it failed. https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/the-newseum-was-a-grand-tribute-to-the-power-of-journalism-heres-how-it-failed/2019/02/01/aeeb2482-25a4-11e9-81fd-b7b05d5bed90_story.html