Office of the Provost–Division of Faculty Affairs
Trinity Hall 106, 800 Greek Row Dr., Box 19128
The University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, TX 76019
Phone: 817-272-7464 | Email: CRTLE@uta.edu
The University of Texas at Arlington offers four types of online courses:
Online asynchronous: All instruction and testing is online. All classes are asynchronous (recorded) with no requirement for students to come to campus on a specific day or time. Testing occurs online and may be required at a specific day and time.
Online synchronous: All instruction and testing is online at a scheduled day and time. There is no requirement for students to come to campus. Testing occurs online and may be required at a specific day and time.
Face-to-face: Students must attend class in person and on campus. Classrooms will allow for social distancing and masks are required while in class. After Thanksgiving, however, all classes and testing will be online only and may be required at a specific day and time.
Hybrid: These classes combine online and face-to-face instruction. Students may be required to attend face-to-face classes one or more days per week, rotate days on campus or take exams and make presentations face-to-face. The online portions of the course may be live (synchronous) or recorded (asynchronous).
Information on traditional, four types of online courses, hybrid, hyflex (refer to https://ctl.columbia.edu/resources-and-technology/teaching-with-technology/teaching-online/)
Remote Teaching Resources
In response to the recent COVID-19 surge, UTA is temporarily moving class sections to online/remote delivery through Feb. 4. To support our faculty, CRTLE, co-sponsored with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and Center for Distance Education (CDE), hosted a workshop of Teams for Teaching Canvas. In case you missed it, please click here to access the recording.
For additional support, please contact:
- OIT (Teams related questions): firstname.lastname@example.org
- CDE (Canvas related questions): email@example.com
- ETSS (Echo360 and DocCAM related questions): firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRTLE (pedagogy related or any other questions: email@example.com
List of other relevant resources:
UTA Remote offers student, faculty, and staff resources for teaching online, including tools, computer labs, information on internet providers, Echo 360 and Teams https://oit.uta.edu/utaremote/index.php
- Fall 2021 Hybrid (50/50) Teaching through Teams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syIGE1lT0ec
- UTA Canvas Training: https://www.uta.edu/administration/distance/training/registration
- UTA Canvas Resources: https://www.uta.edu/administration/distance/canvas
- Respondus LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor Instructor Training Webinars: https://web.respondus.com/webinars/
How to Conduct a Teams meeting within Canvas:
- Video: https://uta.instructure.com/courses/31630/pages/teams-in-canvas
- Step-by-Step Guide for Teams Classes:https://octe.azurewebsites.net/Microsoft/viewer/621/index.html#/0/0
- Step-by-Step Guide for Teams Meetings: https://octe.azurewebsites.net/Microsoft/viewer/622/index.html#/0/0
- Teams Quickstart Guide for Educators: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2131549
- Turning on live-captions in Teams: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-live-captions-in-a- teams-meeting-4be2d304-f675-4b57-8347-cbd000a21260
OIT Support: For support with conducting a Teams meeting in a Canvas course, please submit a ticket to OIT using Service Now:
- Go to https://uta.service-now.com/selfservice/
- Click “Report an Issue”
- In the Affected Service field, type Microsoft Teams
- Input Details
- Click the appropriate radio buttons for people affected and type of issue
- Input a brief summary of the issue
- Input additional details for the issue
- Click Submit