Sponsored Student Information
Academic Partnership students may ONLY utilize sponsored student services directly through StateU, and only with StateU's prior approval. Academic Partnership students must visit www.uta.edu/academicpartnerships and are responsible for understanding the policies and requirements unique to this program.
The Sponsored Student staff provides direct billing to businesses and agencies offering tuition assistance to their employees and clients. They can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by FAX at 817-272-5836.
The following steps must be followed to ensure proper deferred billing and payment of tuition and fees:
- An acceptable contract or purchase order must be submitted to Student Accounts prior to the published session payment due date. The student must pay any amount not authorized on the sponsor contract by the due date.
- Student accounts are credited accordingly.
- Invoices are mailed to sponsors approximately six weeks into the semester. It is the responsibility of the student to pay any previously authorized amount that remains unpaid by the sponsor.
Note: Texas Tomorrow students should present their Texas Tomorrow Identification Card and UT Arlington ID to Student Accounts and pay any fees not covered by the fund prior to the session payment due date each term.
Sponsor Guidelines is a complete guide for using this service. This booklet is a PDF file that requires Adobe Acrobat Reader be installed on your computer. This free software allows you to view and print Portable Document Format (PDF) files on all major computer platforms.
Did You Know?
- There is no Installment Plan for the summer sessions. Tuition must be paid in full by the summer session payment dates. Students can get an enrollment loan at the Student Accounts that will secure their tuition for the full summer term.
- Students need to be sure they have signed a new Master Promissory Note and/or complete entrance counseling with the U.S. Department of Education if they plan to receive a loan for the 2014-2015 school year. The process can be done at studentloans.gov.
- Financial aid is normally posted to student accounts 10 business days before the first day of class. Refunds are within 10 business days after any credit from financial aid appears on the student account.
- Direct deposit is the safest and most efficient method for students to receive their refunds. This process can be setup by logging onto the student service center.
- Texas Tomorrow students can setup their accounts to be paid for each long session in the fall and spring by taking their Texas Tomorrow card and student ID to Student Accounts and signing the Texas Tomorrow document. This process will be in place for 4 years.
- Refund checks are either mailed or sent by direct deposit. Checks are not available for pick up at Student Accounts. Direct deposit is the preferred refund method and can be setup by logging onto the student service center.
- Federal law requires that students sign a release of information before Student Accounts personnel can discuss a student account with a parent. The document is available in Student Accounts on the first floor of Davis Hall, Room 130.
- Students who need help finding a job of campus can go to http://www.uta.edu/snapjob and register in the Snap Job System. New users of the system will have to register and provide information including their 10 digit student account number.
- The UTA Health Center provides timely and inexpensive healthcare for students and faculty. The Center is open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and 10 am to 1 pm on Saturday during the long terms. Appointments call 817-272-2771.
- Students can print their own enrollment verification on-line. Log into MyMav and click on the Enrollment Verification Certificate to access the National Student Loan Clearing House (NLSC) website.
- NCAA athletics are an exciting and inexpensive form of entertainment that is available to all students. From volleyball in the fall, basketball in the winter and softball, baseball and track in the spring, students with a UTA ID can attend all sporting events by just showing their UTA ID.