Academic Grievances

The College of Liberal Arts is committed to addressing student grievances in a fair, consistent and professional manner. The processes below apply to all College of Liberal Arts undergraduate and graduate students.

Process to File an Academic Grievance:

  • Before making an appeal of a grade, you must have attempted to resolve your complaint with the instructor who issued the grade.
  • If you wish to appeal a grade, complete both pages of the Student Academic Grievance Form [BROKEN LINK][DOCUMENT MISSING] (use additional sheets of paper if necessary, with your name on each additional page). Your grievance will be reviewed on the basis of the paperwork that you submit (i.e. this form and any supporting materials you may wish to submit with this form). Therefore, be thorough in your documentation. Return the completed form to the department in which the class is taught.
  • Before considering a grievance, the department chair will refer the issue to a departmental committee comprised of faculty and/or staff.
  • If the committee cannot reach a decision acceptable to the parties involved, the department chair will issue a decision on the grievance.
  • If you are dissatisfied with the committee's or department chair's decision, you may appeal the case to the Office of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
Process to File a Non-Academic Complaint:

If you have a complaint about an issue not related to a grade, please visit the UTA Office of the Dean of Students website for the appropriate procedures and forms.

Find your Advisor

Talk to an advisor today!

Undergraduate Advisors

Crisis Hotline

If you are experiencing a crisis, UT Arlington students may call the Mavs Talk 24 Hour Crisis Line at (817) 272-8255 to talk with a trained counselor about your situation.

Counseling and Psychological Services is located in Room 303 Ransom Hall.

Counseling and Psychological Services