MS in Athletic Training Application Materials, Academic Advising, and Admissions Requirements
Application Materials - 2021
Initial Application Materials for Cohort Entry Year 2021:
The MSAT program accepts application materials in two rounds. International students are encouraged to apply by the first round deadline, although any student who has their materials ready by the first deadline may apply.
First Round Deadline: November 1st
Second Round Deadline: February 1st
Requirements for Admission
- Earned GPA of at least 3.0 (cumulative) or 3.0 in the last 60 credit hours of coursework.
- A grade of "C" or better within the last 10 years in the following courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Functional Anatomy (must be upper division and may also be titled Applied Kinesiology, Kinesiology, or Biomechanics)
- Physiology of Exercise
- Statistics/Research Design
- Biology (4-credit hour minimum)
- Physics (4-credit hour minimum; will accept PHYS 3360 from UTA students)
- Chemistry (4-credit hour minimum)
- 50 hours of observation with a certified and/or licensed athletic trainer Note: You should observe during busy clinic times, so you see the many duties of an AT.
- GRE General Test
- The following immunizations are required for admission to the MSAT program:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- International Students are required to receive tuberculosis screening and this must be performed at the UTA Student Health Center or another U.S. facility (absolutely no exceptions)
- The following immunizations are recommended for the MSAT program:
- Hepatitis A
- Tuberculosis Screening
The University of Texas at Arlington MSAT program is dedicated to the overall success and retention of our students. One process that contributes to this goal is by providing academic advising to prospective and enrolled students.
Advising for the Prospective Student
We welcome and encourage prospective students to attend an optional academic advising session before program application and start. Those students who have not yet applied or enrolled in the MSAT program are welcome to contact the MSAT academic advisor to schedule a face-to-face, phone, or virtual advising appointment.
Advising for the Enrolled Student
Currently enrolled students may schedule an academic advising appointment at any time.
Laura Kunkel, EdD, LAT, ATC, PES
Office Location: UTA Main Campus, Physical Education Building (PEB), Arlington, TX, 76019-0259 (click or tap for map)
Official admission requirements for the MSAT program are described in the University Catalog for Department of Kinesiology Graduate Programs.