Math Lab Rules
- No food is allowed in the lab. Only water in closed containers is acceptable.
- No tobacco use. UTA is a tobacco-free campus. Please reference UTA's Tobacco Use Policy for more information.
- Please enter the LRC Computer Lab through one of the corner doors and leave through one of the centrally located doors at the back of the lab.
- Students must swipe their MavID at the TutorTrac kiosk and follow the on-screen directions upon both entering and exiting. If you do not swipe in or out, your visit for that day may not be recorded.
- Lab participation is required, and students are only allowed to work on their respective course material while in the lab. Any violation of this rule will result in a student being asked to leave the lab, and an absence will be recorded for that day.
- Personal computing devices (i.e. laptops, tablets, etc.) are not allowed in the lab. Students must work on the designated computers in the lab.
- Please keep all phones on silent while in the lab. If you must take a quick phone call, please step out in the hallway. Any phone call lasting longer than 5 minutes will result in your being logged out of the LRC Computer Lab.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring your MyNotes workbook with you to the lab.
- The lab time gives students opportunities to obtain one-on-one tutoring and guidance for homework and quizzes. Please use this time wisely.
Q: How long do I have to be in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: Please check your course syllabus for the lab attendance policy.
Q: I need more tutoring. What other resources are offered?
A: Other academic support services offered by the University include the Math Clinic, University Tutorial & Supplemental Instruction (UTSI), TRiO-Student Support Services and the I.D.E.A.S. Center.
Q: How do I purchase and access my digital materials?
A: This video will walk you through the process in Canvas.
Q: What resources are available in the digital course materials?
A: This video will explain the helpful resources that come with your digital textbook.
Q: What calculators are allowed in the Math LRC Computer Lab?
A: In addition to the links below you can check the specific course page or syllabus for further details: