Training and Education
Professional staff is available to provide training at your site on the following topics. Training can be tailored to meet your organization’s needs. Social Work CEUs available.
- Alternative Activities to teach youth the facts about drugs and alcohol with fun and interactive activities.
- Are Synthetic Drugs Safe?
- Current Drug Trends
- Facilitating groups with youth: Addressing Difficult Situations
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: The Only 100% Preventable Birth Defect OR (not sure what to call it) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: Prevention is the Key
- Keys to Engaging Clients
- Marijuana – Being Legal Doesn’t Make It Safe
- Motivational Interviewing – teaching the concepts and uses of Motivational Interviewing and sharing basic tools to get started.
- Parents – What You Need to Know About Drugs and Alcohol
- Program Evaluation: How To Develop Program with Improved Outcomes
- Safety in Home Visitation
- SBIRT – Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment: a universal screening that professionals can provide to all patients or clients in a medical or social service setting to screen for
- substance use disorders or substance misuse.
- Signs of Alcohol and Drug Use in Youth and Where to Find Help
- Special Needs of Pregnancy and Opioid Use
- Trauma Informed Care – teaching the use of best practices in social service and medical settings.
- Vaping and E-Cigs – What You Really Should Know Before You Try
- Working with Clients from Diverse Backgrounds
Call or email to request a training program.Phone: 214-645-0919 Email: NewConnections@uta.edu