To be considered for admission to the PhD program, an applicant must have:
- MSW Preferred
MSSW or MA in related field
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 minimum in the last approximately 60 hours of university level credits as calculated by the UTA Office of Admissions, Records and Registration
- Masters GPA of 3.4 minimum as calculated by the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration
- The GRE has been waived for Fall 2023 admission requirements
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work to the Office of Admissions, Records & Registration
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of academic goals consistent with the Social Work Program
- Professional writing sample that provides evidence of the applicant’s writing and critical thinking skills.
- Three letters of recommendation indicating professional and academic potential
TOEFL Score Requirement: International applicants must submit a score of at least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, a score of at least 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS, or a minimum TOEFL iBT total score of 90 with sectional scores that meet or exceed; 23 for the writing section, 23 for the speaking section, 22 for the reading section, and 22 for the listening section. UT Arlington’s ETS institutional code is 6013.
When you complete the TOEFL your scores will be sent electronically to Graduate Office of Admissions, Records and Registration through TSI.