About the Title IV-E Stipend for CPS AND CBC Employees

School of Social Work Block Party

Stipend Eligibility Requirements:

Most CVS, Kinship Care, FAD, Family Group Conferencing and PAL positions are eligible. This also includes positions in a CBC agency that are comparable to these CPS positions. Generally, positions working directly with children in foster care are eligible.  If unsure, please check with Karen Parson, ROSA or 3 West, at the DFPS Regional Office.


Email : Karen.Parson@dfps.texas.gov Phone: (817) 792-5242

  • Employees already enrolled in the BSW or MSW program that have not reached the minimum employment time at CPS or CBC can always apply when eligible; applications can be submitted prior to the one-year mark, as along the employee one-year mark is before the start of the first enrolled semester.

  • Stipend students must remain in an eligible position while receiving the stipend and until employment payback is completed after graduation.

More Info

Positions not currently eligible for the stipend include Investigations and FBSS. There is a minimum requirement of one year of employment in any CPS position before your expected first semester begins.

Applying for a Title IV-E Stipend


The Title IV-E booth setup during the School of Social Work Block Party event

1. interests

Discuss interest in continuing your education with your supervisor and complete the supervisor approval form.

Supervisor Approval Form

2. official proposal

Send an official proposal via e-mail to your supervisor and Cc your ROSA and CBC Liaison as well as TitleIVE@uta.edu This informs everyone that you are interested and plan to follow through. Your proposal needs to state why you feel you are a good candidate for the stipend and how you plan to successfully balance work and school. A few paragraphs are needed to fully state your strengths. Be sure to include your actual position.  When that is completed and returned, your application will be complete If you meet eligibility requirements, You will be contact you to set up an interview.

Email: TitleIVE@uta.edu

3. DFPS Employee Stipend Application

Employee Stipend Application


Applying to the MSW Program:

How to request a packet:

Idararosa Ekong

2. Apply online

Apply online with ApplyUTA using the Texas common application for graduate schools.

Apply Now

Admissions Support Specialist

Dolores Bevins, the School of Social Work's Admissions Counselor II, can be reached at doloresbevins@uta.edu or (817) 272-1044. She will be able to help you through the process of applying and answer any questions about admissions.

Applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA

Applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study or undergraduate degree is less than 6 years old, are not required to take the GRE. It’s best to get your application and transcripts in early if you think you may be below a 3.0 or if your degree is over 6 years old. This gives you time to prepare to take the GRE, if applicable.

Recent BSW graduates

Recent BSW graduates or graduates form other degrees can usually be admitted in the fall, spring, or summer semester.