For undergraduate admissions to The University of Texas at Arlington, visit the Apply Texas website and fill out the online application.
Education Program Admission Requirements
- Have passing scores or be exempt from the TSI Assessment. Click here to find more information about the TSI. To determine your status, login to your MyMav account and look for the TSI link in your Student Center. The TSI Assessment is required by the State of Texas for placement into college-level courses.
- Grade point average (GPA) of 2.75
Effective Spring 2017, your GPA must meet or exceed 2.75. This is a UTA cumulative GPA which may include transfer coursework in calculations if no UTA grades have been earned yet.
- Required amount of academic coursework must be completed.
The number of hours of academic content which can be carried into the program varies depending upon the certification level and program. EC-6 and 4-8 students, refer to your degree plan for further information. Secondary and All-Level students should contact an advisor.
For more information on the complete process for admission into the undergraduate Education program, please visit Undergraduate Advising.
Criminal History Acknowledgement:
As required by Texas HB1508, applicants need to be aware of the following.
- In order to receive a teacher certification in Texas, you must pass a criminal history background check.
- If you have been convicted of an offense that is considered not appropriate for an educator, you could be ineligible to earn this certification from the state of Texas.
- You have a right to request a preliminary criminal history evaluation letter from the Texas Education Agency prior to admission into this program. The Texas Education Agency currently charges a $50 fee for this criminal history evaluation.
For more information on Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation: