More Information

Have questions about financial aid? 

Visit the UTA Office of Financial Aid website for additional information about the FAFSA/applying for aid, the difference between grants, loans, and scholarships, and more.


Outside Scholarships

Outside scholarships include any funding received from sources other than UTA, the state, or the federal government. Awards sent by foundations, civic and religious organizations or companies are common examples of outside scholarships.

TeachDFW Scholarships

* is a non-profit organization who partners with local Educator Preparation Programs to provide future Dallas-Fort Worth area teachers with one-on-one career advising, scholarships, how-to guides from experts, financial assistance toward application/testing fees, and more.

Gatehouse DFW

**The Gatehouse DFW is a local nonprofit that offers assistance for single mom's completing a bachelor's or master's degree. The program provides housing, utilities and childcare at its gated campus in Grapevine, Texas. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Information for Out-of-State Students

The Texas Education Agency (TEA) requires candidates seeking certification to complete all practica in a TEA-approved site. Out-of-state students who do not complete the practicum at a UTA College of Education and TEA-approved site and meet all other TEA requirements do not qualify for Texas educator certification. If seeking certification outside of Texas, please work with your state agency in the state in which you are seeking certification to determine eligibility and to complete any additional requirements. Please note that after successful completion of your UTA College of Education degree, you may request a memo indicating your degree completion. UTA cannot recommend out-of-state students for certification and cannot recommend out-of-state students to take Texas certification exam(s). Additionally, UTA faculty and staff cannot complete out-of-state form requests for individuals seeking certification, licensure, and/or endorsements in another state according to TEA.

Additional Changes

Program requirements may change as state/TEA certification requirements change.

As required by Texas HB1508, applicants need to be aware of the following.

  1. In order to receive a teacher certification in Texas, you must pass a criminal history background check.
  2. If you have been convicted of an offense that is considered not appropriate for an educator, you could be ineligible to earn this certification from the state of Texas.
  3. You have a right to request a preliminary criminal history evaluation letter from the Texas Education Agency prior to admission into this program. The Texas Education Agency currently charges a $50 fee for this criminal history evaluation.

For more information on Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation: Click Here

  • Pursuant to the Texas Education Code (TEC), §22.083, candidates must undergo a criminal history background check prior to employment as an educator.
  • Pursuant to the TEC, §22.0835, candidates must undergo a criminal history background check prior to clinical teaching.