College of Science News
College of Science coronavirus update from Dean Khaledi
To: COS Students
As we resume classes, I want to take this opportunity to reassure you that the health and safety of our students is our top priority. We are members of the Maverick community – “ A Community That Cares.” I recognize that you have had to adapt to new norms and practices while adjusting to the unique circumstances in your own personal lives, all within a span of a couple of weeks. In response to the Coronavirus crisis and the necessity for social distancing, the College of Science and all department leadership teams started the discussions and preparation for migrating the instructional and advising programs to the online platform in late February.
Over the past weeks, you have received numerous messages from various sources and units at UTA to keep you informed and help you as you prepare to handle significant new challenges, including online education. Our faculty and staff are working to make this transition smoother for all our students.
As this Coronavirus crisis evolves and forces us to increase our social distances, it is evident that our community has never been closer. We are determined to build stronger collaborations and find innovative approaches to create a more resilient, flexible, and adaptable educational system that can serve you, our students. The mantra of Maverick Science is to “Innovate, Discover, and Learn,” even in the most challenging situations. This crisis has only hardened our resolve to pursue what we all are passionate about: finding solutions to complex problems. After all, the solution to a crisis such as this can only be discovered through pursuing science.
Once again, I want you to know that we are here for you in these challenging times. If you have any questions I encourage you to first reach out to your instructor. If there are any other issues, questions, or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
Dean, College of Science
COS Undergraduate Advisor Contact List
University Academic Advising for Freshmen
- Samantha Dirks (Chemistry, EES, Math, Physics, Psychology) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guadalupe Encinia (Biology) email@example.com
- Andew Gardner (A-E) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alejandro Hidalgo Moreno (F-L) email@example.com
- Camry Woodward (M-Q) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Niemeyer (R-Z) email@example.com
Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Laura Wolf firstname.lastname@example.org
Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Eran Gibson (mornings) email@example.com
- Libby Carroll firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eran Gibson (afternoons) email@example.com
- Erin Gonzales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandy Hobart (Health Professions Advisor) email@example.com
- Dr. Steven Gellman (Pre-Med Consultant) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Hale (JAMP Faculty Director) email@example.com
COS Department Contact Information
Biology firstname.lastname@example.org 817-272-2871
Chemistry email@example.com 817-272-3171
EES firstname.lastname@example.org 817-272-2987
Mathematics email@example.com 817-272-3261
Physics firstname.lastname@example.org 817-272-2266
Psychology email@example.com 817-272-2281
UTeach firstname.lastname@example.org 817-272-3807
UTA has a comprehensive webpage with coronavirus information, including FAQ, at https://www.uta.edu/announcements/coronavirus.
Please send any questions, concerns, or issues that cannot be answered by your instructors to email@example.com.