The Freshman Orientation Leader position requires a significant time commitment from each team member. While most of the required dates occur during the summer months, orientation leaders must be available during the spring term for a leadership class, off-campus retreat and various other required activities. Please check out the information below for a list of the required dates for the Freshman Orientation Leader team.
**All days subject to change**
- Every Monday and Wednesday from 3:00-5:00 pm during the spring term
- January 28-30 - Orientation Leader Retreat
- March 11-13 - NODA Region IV Regional Conference
- May 16-31 - Pre-Orientation Training
New Maverick Orientation Freshmen Dates
May: 25-26, 31-June 1
June: 6-7, 8-9, 13-14, 15-16, 20-21, 27-28
July: 11-12, 13-14, 18-19, 25-26
August: 1-2, 8-9*, 15-16*
Each NMO Session has a workday before the session. Workdays are scheduled for a Friday or Sunday before every session.
Sessions occurring in November, December, and January are to be determined.
OLs must stay in Vandergriff Hall the night before and during an orientation.
*Housing will not be offered for the remaining August sessions.
- Maverick Stampede NMO Events.
- Facilitate a welcome back event for new students, date to be determined.
- Participate in Mavs March and Convocation.
- Support Fall OL recruitment efforts.