The Overnight Experience at New Maverick Orientation is an exciting opportunity to get a taste of being a student at UTA! You will love making new friends and great memories while you enjoy the contemporary accommodations of Vandergriff Hall and the delicious dining on campus.
Freshmen attending a face-to-face orientation prior to August 9, 2021 have the opportunity to participate in a one-night stay in Vandergriff Hall for the night of their session. No on-campus housing is available for guests, so explore other Arlington accommodations that offer a UTA discount.
The Overnight Experience costs $45 (in addition to the $120 orientation fee) and includes the one-night stay in Vandergriff Hall, dinner, breakfast, and activities with our Orientation Leaders.
The accommodations for Vandergriff Hall are double-occupancy rooms, meaning that each student will share a room with another student. You may request a specific roommate during the check-in process at Vandergriff Hall.
Register for the Overnight Experience
To register for the Overnight Experience, follow these steps:
- Log in to your New Student Task List
- Scroll down and select "CLICK HERE TO REVIEW YOUR ORIENTATION RESERVATION"
- Select "Dates" from the menu
- Find your reserved date on the list, and find the text that reads:
'If you will require overnight accommodations the night of your orientation session, please check the box below:"
- Click the box to register for the Overnight Experience
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Save & Continue"
- Complete the reservation process and pay for your overnight stay*
*The Overnight Stay is eligible for the New Maverick Orientation Fee Deferral Process
Things to bring :
- Sleeping bag or Twin XL sheets and a blanket
- Personal toiletries
- Change of clothes
- Shower shoes (if desired)