502 South Cooper St. #335
Arlington, TX 76019
We are excited to welcome you to the Department of Art and Art History! We look forward to getting to know you and your individual interests within your specific degree plan. As your academic advisors, we are committed to guiding you through important decisions related to your academic progress as well as supporting your educational/career goals from your first day on campus until the day you graduate! It has been proven that increased frequency of student-advisor contact is a positive factor during your time at UTA and should be taken into consideration each semester. Please follow the guidelines listed below to set up an appointment with your art advisor today.
SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Appointments within the Art and Art History Department are scheduled based on specific student information. Our early advising sessions are reserved for graduating seniors and those majors/students who are allotted early access. We also host our ADVISATHON event for those students who have attempted their first 21-hour CPR (Concentration Portfolio Review). All eligible students within these categories are sent individual, specific emails outlining their advising process.
Pre-CPR students, New Transfers, Change Majors (to Art), and Prospective students will be able to schedule appointments at a specific time that usually occurs after ADVISATHON.
Appointments are scheduled by either calling the Art Office at 817.272.2891 or Book Online. Please have the following information on hand when you schedule:
- Student ID # (100xxxxxxx)
- Reason for Appointment (Advising, General Questions, Internship, etc.)
- Status (Current, Transfer, Prospective Student)
- Area of Concentration
- Phone Number
- UTA Email Address (or personal email if not current student)
Please note the following:
- Emailing your advisor to set up an appointment can result in lost time and inefficiency.)
- **Booking for the incorrect category may result in your appointment being cancelled and rescheduled for the appropriate date. For special circumstances needing specific attention, please call the Art office at 817.272.2891.
- Advisors do not schedule appointments via email, as it can result in lost time and inefficiency when maneuvering availability.
We look forward to providing the information and support for your academic success. If you have any questions regarding advising, please do not hesitate to email an advisor listed below or call the main office (817.272.2891).
ADVISING FACTS & SYLLABUS
The Department of Studio, Media Arts + Art History faculty, staff and student employees serve more than 700 students enrolled in 11 different undergraduate and 4 different graduate areas. The department is nationally accredited through the National Association of School of Art and Design (NASAD) Facts Page.
- Retention for Freshman Undergraduates in 2017 = 94%
- Total Number of enrolled Undergraduate students in Fall 2017 = 768
- Total number of graduates in AY 2016-2017 = 118
- Total number of MFA students in Fall 2017 = 26
- Total number of internships in 2017 = 46
- Degrees offered – B.A. Art, B.A. Art History, B.F.A., and M.F.A
The Advising Syllabus is a comprehensive outline of policy and procedure please keep a digital copy on file for your reference.
Academic Advisor II
Academic Advisor I
The advising office is located in room 335 in the Fine Arts Building.
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Phone: 817.272.2891 (please call to schedule an appointment)
If you have a quick, general question to ask, please feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org