502 South Cooper St. #335
Arlington, TX 76019
ADVISATHON is a required mass advising event for our upper level students that occurs each semester until their graduating senior advising semester. Students must attend Advisathon once they have done the following:
- BFA/BA studio majors have completed an attempt at 21hr Concentration Portfolio Review (CPR)
- Art History majors have completed or are currently enrolled in lower level Art History courses: ART 1309, 1310 and/or 1317; ART 2300
If You Missed Advisathon: Students who are supposed to attend ADVISATHON but miss it will be required to:
- Meet with your faculty advisor for an advising appointment before meeting with the art department advisors to sign/approve classes on your advising form. You must have access to your digital UMAP, bring your digital degree plan, and advising form with an idea of classes you want to take (and have alternative classes picked out in case your first choice for classes are full!).
- Then schedule an appointment with an Art advisor by contacting the main office at 817.272.2891 to be cleared for classes, have your holds removed, and update your degree plan. Advising forms cannot be dropped off in the Art + Art History office.
**Please be aware that missing ADVISATHON and being required to complete the above steps can mean that certain upper level classes may be closed by the time your appointment is scheduled. Other current majors may already have scheduled advising. It is imperative that you attend Advisathon.
Advisathon Required Documents
You MUST bring these documents to be advised.
- UMAP (DIGITAL copy available for faculty *if requested)
- Digital Degree Plan (this will be emailed to you)
- Completed Advising Form (have an idea of classes to take and alternatives)
Requirements Per Concentration
Art Education, Art History, BA-Studio, Clay, Drawing, Cinematic Arts/Screenwriting + Animation, Glass, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture Majors
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL
Expect emails from advisors periodically regarding advising. Create an advising folder to move all emails to that start with “ADVISING:”. For ADVISATHON, you will receive your updated degree plan, blank advising form, and a copy of the art schedule.
- MEET WITH YOUR FACULTY
After you pass 21hr CPR, your faculty is in charge of approving all of your classes. Schedule an appointment with them during their office hours, and make sure you have back up classes in case the classes you want fill up during ADVISATHON.
- SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT ONLINE FOR THE DESIGNATED DAY OF ADVISATHON FOR YOUR MAJOR
- COME TO ADVISATHON on your designated day/time
You must attend ADVISATHON to hold your seats in your classes and to remove your advising holds. Again, your faculty must sign off on all of your classes prior to ADVISATHON, including alternative classes just in case your first choice fills up.
Visual Communication Design Majors
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL
Expect emails from advisors periodically regarding advising. Create an advising folder to move all emails to that start with “ADVISING:”. For ADVISATHON, you will receive your: *SCHEDULED TIME FOR ADVISATHON* based on how many Art classes you have remaining, updated degree plan, blank advising form, and a copy of the art schedule.
- COME TO ADVISATHON
You must attend ADVISATHON to be advised by your VCD faculty, and have the art department advisors hold your seats in your classes and remove your advising holds.
- **VCD ADVISATHON will take place in the Visual Resource Commons (VRC), in the Fine Arts Building room 2109.
If you have questions regarding ADVISATHON, please contact an Academic Advisor.
Tips for Advisathon
- All Studio Art, Art Education, and Art History Majors (excluding VCD) should schedule their faculty advising appointment early, before they are booked! If you have any questions contact the AAH office at 817.272.2891! At ADVISATHON, removal of holds and approval of classes should take no longer than 10 minutes for students who have met with faculty. Come prepared with a back-up plan!
- VCD majors will only have 10-15 minutes to meet with faculty for advising during the event. Come prepared with an idea of classes and a back-up plan!
Faculty Advisor List (excluding VCD)
- Art Education
Amanda Alexander - email@example.com
- Art History
- Fletcher Coleman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlos Donjuan - email@example.com
Sedrick Huckaby - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Iverson - email@example.com
Nick Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Ginsberg - email@example.com
Fernando Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Florentin - email@example.com