502 South Cooper St. #335
Arlington, TX 76019
MFA: Funding Opportunities
Currently we are accepting all students complete with a Graduate Assistantship (GTA), which is organized as a non-taxed stipend paid monthly in the fall and spring semesters. The GTA requires a modest service to the department in the arenas of administrative support, research or teaching. GTA pay is the equivalent of our full-time tuition costs plus fees, and includes in-state tuition status, regardless of a student's national or international residency. As of AY 2023-24, the GTA award for all accepted students now totals $11,990.00
The GTA award is not a tuition waiver or a scholarship. In essence, students become employees of the university with yearly salaries that are equivalent to their tuition.
All efforts are also made to provide MFA students in good standing with real classroom experience as teachers of record.
Other support includes:
- Competitive national travel funding opportunities for research, exhibitions or presentations
- Competitive international grants for research
- Competitive equipment/materials funding for thesis projects
- Schira Family Endowment for Glass students
- Jeffrey Leuschel Endowed Scholarship for Cinematic Arts students
- Wright Gift Endowment fund for exhibitions, film screenings and/or presentations