The University of Texas at Arlington College of Education offers state (TEA), regional (SACS) and nationally (CAEP) accredited programs to prepare students to for Texas Standard Certification. Our programs train students to become classroom teachers in elementary, middle, all-level and high school in a variety of content area with multiple supplemental options. Advanced certification programs prepare students for classroom teaching, Principal as an Instructional Leader, Reading Specialist or Superintendent. All College of Education programs provide candidates with the basics of child and adolescent development, instructional design and classroom management with several diverse, interactive fieldwork and clinical teaching experiences.
- Steps to Become an Educator for Undergraduate Students
- Steps to Become an Educator for Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Students
- Steps to Obtain an Advanced Certification
- Texas Certification Exams
- Educator Resources
- Additional Certification Information
Christine Pruitt, M.Ed.
Assistant Director of Certification