Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

Current Undergraduate Students

Degree Information


Email Eric Etheridge if you have any questions about undergraduate advising.

  • We will be using electronic sign-ups for advising appointments.
  • You got a link to the Google Sheet in an email entitled “It’s Undergraduate Advising Season”
  • Advising appointments cannot be changed after 8:00 am on the day of the appointment.
  • Advising forms can be found on the IE website.
  • Bring a completed advising form to your appointment.

Be prepared. Complete the advising form and/or drop form and bring them with you to your scheduled advising appointment:

Industrial Engineering Undergraduate Program Guide

This document has been prepared to assist undergraduate students in understanding the BSIE program offered by the Industrial, Manufacturing, and Systems Engineering (IMSE) department at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).

The Undergraduate Catalog is the official source of university information.  Each student should become familiar with it, and consult it for answers to questions regarding policies, regulations, and course descriptions.  The Undergraduate Catalog can be found at It is also important that all students watch for memos and notices posted on the IMSE bulletin boards and websites that pertain to undergraduate students.  These notices are of a real-time nature, dealing with required student actions or important opportunities.


1. For students who will be entering their last semester, you must verify your degree plan with your academic advisor during the advising period. For those who are taking the IE Capstone, IE 4350, during their last semester, the advisor will meet with you during that class to go over your degree plan and verify your candidacy. Once you have verified that you will be graduating, you must apply to graduate before the deadline.

2. Deadlines for the Application for Graduation can be found on the Office of Records website. The deadline is usually a couple of weeks after the start of your graduating semester. Application fees are non-refundable.

3. To apply to graduate, fill out the Undergraduate Application for Graduation Form.

4. If you want to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must register with the College of Engineering.
*Note: You may register once the website has been updated to the current semester.

For additional graduation information, visit the Office of Records or contact the IE office in Woolf Hall, room 420.