What is it?
A group of Honors students who showcase the Honors College at UT Arlington by serving as the official student hosts and representatives for the College. Advocates embody the principles of excellence in the Honors College.
What is required?
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Represent the Honors College at designated University events to answer any questions posed by prospective students and their families
- Attend off-campus recruiting events such as College Preview Night at local high schools
- Be available to answer questions when prospective students visit the campus
- Serve as hosts/hostesses at the following Honors College events:
- Fall: Games Night, Scholarship and Induction Ceremony, Dean's Forum, Senior Academic Excellence Days, Maverick Experience / Preview Days, the Honors Research Symposium, and the Graduating Senior Dinner
- Spring: the Senior Academic Excellence Days, Maverick Experience / Preview Days, the Honors Research Symposium, and the Graduating Senior Dinner
- Any other events sponsored by the Honors College
- Recruit new Honors students by informing friends and classmates about the opportunity to join
- Provide feedback to the Honors College staff regarding recruitment
- Exude enthusiasm and excitement about being an Honors student!
Why should I join?
- To represent the Honors College and share your experiences as a student at UT Arlington with interested students
- To develop leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- To strengthen your résumé
How do I join?
Interested students should complete an Honors Advocates application for membership, available below. Interviews will be held in April and May.
The ApplicationDownload the Advocates application for AY 2017-18
Turn applications in to Cathy Pritchett, Suite 100, College Hall. The deadline is April 7, 2017.
Thanks for your interest in being an outstanding leader in the Honors College!