The application deadline for Fall 2019 has passed. We will resume accepting applications on August 1st for Spring and Fall 2020 admission. The deadline to apply for Spring 2020 is January 1st.
Requirements for Admission
Before you apply to the Honors College, you must be admitted to the University. Submit your application to UT Arlington online.
Candidates for admission to the Honors College must fulfill at least ONE of the following criteria, depending on their classification:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270 or higher; OR
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher; OR
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of high school class (U.S. high schools only); OR
- Unweighted high school Grade Point Average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (U.S. high schools only)
Note: Incoming freshman students who are in the UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP) are required to complete a minimum of 3 hours of Honors credits in their first semester and a minimum of 3 hours of Honors credits in their second semester. CAP students who are unable to meet these conditions will be dismissed after the fall semester. The Honors College will not admit CAP students who are in their second semester.
Current UT Arlington students:
- A 3.35 cumulative Grade Point Average (after completing 12 credit hours at UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
- A 3.35 cumulative transfer Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale (the average GPA from all U.S. colleges attended prior to UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may apply to the Honors College; however, they MUST complete the optional essay portion of the application. The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. Applicants will be notified of their status via an email to their MavMail account.
The application deadline for Fall 2019 has passed.
We will reopen to take applications for Spring 2020 on August 1st.