The final deadline to apply for Spring 2021 is January 5, 2021.
We are now accepting applications for Spring and Fall 2021 admission.
- The deadline to apply for Spring 2021 is January 5, 2021.
- If you are an incoming student for Fall 2021 and want to be considered for scholarship opportunities through the Honors College, the deadline for priority consideration is January 5th.
- If you want to be considered for Honors Freshman housing (Fall applicants only), the deadline to apply for Fall 2021 is May 1st.
The final deadline to apply for Fall 2021 is June 30, 2021.
Requirements for Admission
Before you apply to the Honors College, you must be admitted to the University. Submit your application to UT Arlington online.
Candidates for admission to the Honors College must fulfill at least ONE of the following criteria, depending on their classification:
- Combined Evidence-Based Reading/Writing and Math SAT score of 1270 or higher; OR
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher; OR
- Ranked in the top 10 percent of high school class (U.S. high schools only); OR
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (U.S. high schools only)
Note: Incoming UT Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP) students are required to earn early registration by participating in a minimum of three (3) Honors registration reward events by the posted deadline during their first semester. Additionally, CAP students are encouraged to fulfill the milestones of first-year Honors students. Those who are unable to meet these conditions will be dismissed from the Honors College. The Honors College will not admit CAP students who are in their second semester.
Current UT Arlington students:
- A 3.35 cumulative GPA (after completing 12 credit hours at UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Incoming Transfer students:
- A 3.35 cumulative transfer GPA on a 4.0 scale (the average GPA from all U.S. colleges attended prior to UT Arlington) and a minimum of sixty hours remaining in your degree plan.
Students who do not meet any of the above requirements may apply to the Honors College; however, they MUST complete the optional essay portion of the application. The criteria above are minimums. Admission is not based solely on grades or scores. Applicants will be notified of their status via an email to their UTA student email account.
We are unable to accommodate programs offered exclusively through the Accelerated Online (AO) or online Academic Partnerships (AP) degree plans.