Course Description: Comprehensive survey of instrumental, choral and elementary music through lecture and research pertaining to professional responsibilities and career opportunities.
- Write his/her philosophy of music education.
- Identify critical attributes of a successful music educator.
- Define his/her personal strengths and weaknesses as a potential music educator.
- Write a reverse lesson plan.
- Report career opportunities in music education.
- Describe the development of music education in America.
- Articulate justifications for music education in the public schools.
- Describe methods of incorporating technology in music education classrooms.
- List and navigate music education web sites.
- Locate music education research sources.
- Cite the copyright law with regard to photocopying music.
- Discuss methods of incorporating classroom management.
- Develop a time management organizational system.
- Discuss ethics in music education.
- Discuss diversity in music education.
- Discuss the different teaching settings in music -- early childhood, elementary, band, orchestra, and choir.