In order to take the TExES exams, you need to receive permission from UTA. To receive permission to take either TExES exam, you must complete a practice test and the Study Tracker Plan in Certify Teacher. The cost of each exam is $35, after using the UT Arlington promo code (see Dr. Lange for the code). The promo code will only work if you use your UT Arlington email address.
Which exams do I sign up to take?
- Music EC-12 (177)
- Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility (PPR) EC-12 (160)
Registration for TExES Music Exam & TExES PPR Exam
Note: You will need your TEA ID# in order to register for either exam.
- Navigate to https://www.uta.edu/coed/certification/texes/state-certification.php
- In the menu, click on "Approval for Certification Exams" and follow the directions there. You will need to wait for a reply (approximately 3 days) as it will direct you to your next step and further instructions. Do not wait until the last minute!
Information regarding testing
New Testing Information for Certification Exams
Beginning September 4, 2018, Pearson’s (testing company) new full content website will be available. You will use this site to create your testing accounts, register, schedule, and access your scores.
Creating a Testing Account
Beginning September 4, 2018, you will need to create a new Pearson testing account. Once your new Pearson account is created, any Texas educator examination testing history you may have since 2006 will be available in your Pearson account. This includes your prior score reports.
When you create your account
- Specify a permanent email address to use as your username. Do not use an email address that is temporary, such as one associated with a college or district affiliation to which you may not always have access.
- Create a password. Passwords are required to be between 6 and 30 characters and must contain at least one letter and one digit and cannot contain spaces or any of the characters "&=`"<>\-".
- Create a security question and answer. Your security question will be used to verify your identity should you need to change your password.
- Provide your TEA ID number. If you are not a Charter School or PACT candidate, you will need to provide your TEA ID number, so that your Pearson testing account can be linked to your TEA Educator Profile.
Using Your Pearson Testing Account
Once you have created a Pearson testing account on the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program website, you will be able to:
- Register for exams that you are eligible for
- Schedule your test appointments
- Reschedule existing test appointments, free of charge, up to 48 hours before your appointment time
- Update your email and password as needed
- Review your testing history
- Access your score reports, for scores reported
Registering for an Exam and Scheduling a Test Appointment
In the Pearson system, registering for an exam is separate from scheduling your test appointment.
- Before registering for an exam, you can use the seat availability tool to confirm that there are available appointments at locations and on dates and times convenient for you.
- You may schedule your testing appointment when you register, or at a later time.
- You may reschedule or cancel your testing appointment, without any fees, up to 48 hours before your scheduled appointment date.
- You must schedule an appointment and test within 170 days of registering for an exam.
- If you withdraw your registration, you will be refunded your exam registration payment, minus $25. The Texas.gov funds are not refundable.