Current Students - Undergraduate

Emphasis Declaration or Change Form

Use this form to declare your area of emphasis or change your area of emphasis within the music department.

Declare or Change your Emphasis

Practice Room Access

Please use the link below to to submit an request access for the practice rooms. Only active music majors, or students required by their music class, will be given access. Access must be renewed each semester.

Practice Rooms Access Form

Dropping A Course

After late registration through the last date to drop, students must work with their academic advisor to drop a class or fully withdraw from classes. Students who wish to drop during this time period will access the electronic drop form in MyMav. In some cases, the approval of the faculty teaching the course(s) will be required. The student's academic advisor will process the drop or withdrawal transaction. For additional information about the post-census drop process and where to locate the form, please review the MyMav Drop Form  Email Carolyn Buckhout

Request to perform at the noon recital series

Click the link to submit your request to perform. Please be aware that you cannot save and return to the form, so have all your program information ready when you begin. Recital Information must be submitted at least one week prior to the recital date.


Grade Appeal Form

To appeal a grade within the Music Department, please review the instructions on the form linked below and submit a hard copy to the music office.

Grade Appeal Form

Scholarship Appeal Form

To appeal the loss of your scholarship funding within the Music Department, please review the instructions on the form linked below and submit a hard copy to the music office.

Scholarship Appeal Form

Recital Information

Please visit this page for information about requirements, programs, live-streaming, and other important elements of degree-required and elective recitals.

Recital Information

Enroll in Elective Lessons

Please note that you must get permission from the professor in order to enroll. Before you begin the form, make sure to have a screenshot or PDF of the email conversation with the professor that clearly shows the instructor's name, your name, and the date. Non-music majors, please be aware that permission is granted pending budget availability.

Elective Lessons Request

Undergraduate Advisor

Carolyn Buckhout

Department of Music

Undergraduate Music Advisor

Carolyn Buckhout


Phone #: 817-272-2485

Office: 101C

Bio:: Mrs. Buckhout began her advising career at UTA in Freshman advising and moved over the Music Department in October 2019.