2016-2017 Advanced Standing Examination (ASE)
UTA uses examinations prepared by faculty for use in awarding credit by examination. Some information on how to prepare for this examination is available in our office and some is available in the academic departments. The Advanced Standing Examinations may be taken by UTA students only and is not transferable to other colleges or universities. The examinations offered are freshmen and sophomore levels only. They include English 1301 and 1302 (dictionaries provided by Testing Services) and Math 1315, 1316, 2425, and 2326 (calculators may be used).
- Corresponding credits but not letter grades will be granted to students who pass the examination.
- For English examinations, credit for 1301 must be earned before attempting 1302.
- Students can retake the English Examinations three months after the test date; other retakes require a six-month waiting period (no exceptions).
- The individual academic departments may administer other examinations. Students interested in junior or senior level examinations should check with individual departments.
- Students are encouraged to consult the Undergraduate Catalog or the Testing Services office regarding additional credit-by-examination policies of UTA.
UTA Students, please note the Credit-by-Examination Policy.
"Credit by examination can be awarded only for courses in which the student has neither a passing nor a failing grade (including a Z in English) at UTA or transfer credit from another institution of higher education." Read the complete list of credit-by-exam policies for UTA.