New Student Courses
The Office of New Student Courses provides offers required courses students will need to take to help them be more successful in their academic careers at UTA. Whether it is your first time in college or transferring in from another institution, we are there to support your journey!
What is a Learning Community (LC)?
A Learning Community (LC) is an exciting way for first-year students to merge their academic priorities with their personal and social goals. You are assigned to a LC based on your major, and will get matched with students in the same field. You will take your first year practicum course with these students. You will also be placed into a few other classes with the LC students. This allows you to have a built in study group of people in your major from your first day here at UTA!
In order to ensure there is a group for everyone, we also offer an option that includes students living together in one of UTA's residence halls. To learn more about these Residential Learning Communities options, please visit our Residential Learning Community page.
WHICH COLLEGES/SCHOOLS/MAJORS TAKE UNIV 1131?
- College of Architecture, Planning, and Public Affairs
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts, except Music Majors
- College of Nursing and Health Innovation students who elected to join a Residential Learning Community focusing on nursing
- College of Science
- School of Social Work
- Honors College students
- Undecided/Undeclared Students
WHICH COLLEGES/SCHOOLS/MAJORS TAKE UNIV 1000?
- College of Education
- College of Liberal Arts students majoring in Music
- College of Nursing and Health Innovation