University Studies Online (Finish @ UT)
What Is It?
University Studies Online is a Bachelor of Science degree and is housed within the Finish@UT program, a cross-campus collaborative program that offers completion degrees at each of the participating campuses (UT Rio Grande Valley, UT Tyler, UT El Paso, UT Permian Basin) and of course UTA! These fully online bachelor’s degree completion programs are designed to help you advance in your career, achieve your personal academic goals, and meet your standards of quality education. This degree provides students maximum flexibility to complete their degree.
Students who have successfully joined the University Studies Online program are able to take advantage of a few key benefits:
1. Students have access to all online courses from UTA (pending prerequisites) and from participating campuses (UTRGV, UTEP, UTPB), allowing for more options to complete degree requirements as quickly as possible.
2. Courses taken at another participating campus can still fulfill UTA degree requirements for the University Studies Online degree program.
3. Numerous 5-week and 8-week courses are offered during the summer, fall, and spring semesters.
4. Financial aid that is disbursed through UTA still applies toward costs associated with taking courses at another participating campus.
WHAT CAREER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR UNIVERSITY STUDIES GRADUATES?
University Studies collaborates closely with the Lockheed Martin Career Center. Their services and programs, such as the Handshake app will put you on track for career success. For more information contact them at email@example.com. Students can also learn more about career, service, and experiential learning opportunities as part of the University Studies Online degree by checking out the degree’s experiential major map.
How It Works:
Once you have successfully joined the University Studies Online degree program, you will be able to create an account within and access courses in the Finish@UT Cross Campus Registration Student Portal. The Finish@UT portal is where courses from participating campuses are housed. In addition to UTA courses, the online courses offered through the Finish@UT portal provide more opportunities to complete your degree as quickly as possible.
While you register for UTA courses in MyMav, registration for courses in the Finish@UT portal follows a slightly different process. Please refer to the graphic below to better understand how the course registration process works and how the credits from these courses come back to UTA.
To be eligible to join the University Studies Online degree program (Finish@UT) at UTA, you must:
- Be core complete.
- Have completed at least 60 credits toward a college-level degree program.
- While there is no minimum GPA required to join the program, students must earn a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 in order to graduate with this degree from UTA.
- If you are not currently a UTA student, you must first apply and be accepted to UTA in order to join this program. You may submit an application to UTA via the Apply Texas portal.
The University Studies Online program houses two interns from UTA’s School of Social Work acting in the role of Success Coaches who work with the University Studies student population. These Success Coaches conduct case management to assist students with barriers to completion, make consistent outreach about university resources and opportunities, and host virtual sessions on mindfulness, career development and more. Success Coaches can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are interested in the University Studies Online or Finish@UT program may reach out to email@example.com for more information and/or set up an appointment with the University Studies Online academic advisor.