University Studies Degree Program
UT Arlington's Bachelor of Science degree in University Studies is designed for students seeking options beyond the traditional university majors. This program features a range of academic disciplines that will prepare you for a variety of career paths or enhance your current career. Through this program, you will earn your bachelor’s degree in University Studies, giving you a unique educational profile that you can market to employers or graduate programs.
WHAT CAN UNIVERSITY STUDIES DO FOR YOU?
- Synchronize coursework to help you graduate.
- Provide options for applying any existing completed hours toward a degree.
- Hone your skills in important areas such as communication, critical thinking, project management, and problem-solving.
- Help you be an appealing candidate to potential employers.
WHAT CAREER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR UNIVERSITY STUDIES GRADUATES?
University Studies collaborates closely with the Lockheed Martin Career Center. Their services and programs will put you on track for career success. For more information contact them at email@example.com.
What are the Program Requirements?
To earn a Bachelor of Science degree in University Studies you must complete 120 credit hours and have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average upon completing the course requirements. Of the 120 total hours, you must complete at least 36 advanced credit hours and meet residency requirements for completing a degree at UTA.
- Students must complete a sufficient number of electives to fulfill the 120 hours required for the degree. No more than four hours of exercise or dance courses can be counted toward the electives.
- A maximum of 30 hours from the College of Business is allowed.
- Courses completed as part of the core curriculum cannot be used to satisfy content areas.
Choose two content areas that are best suited for you (your advisor will help with this selection). The first content area comprises 24 hours (7-8 courses) and the second content area 21 hours (6-7 courses), for a total of 45 hours toward the major.
- AREA I: Art, Media, Humanities
- AREA II: Business, Community Studies, Social Science
- AREA III: Engineering, Health & Wellness, Physical Science
- University Studies Content Areas and Subjects
WE ARE NOW LOCATED IN RANSOM HALL.
ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK AT THE RECEPTION DESK ON THE 1ST FLOOR.
A UTA STUDENT ID OR GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED.