Beginning with the fall 1999 semester, UTA undergraduate students must satisfy a computer proficiency requirement in one of two ways:
- Completion of a course designated by the department of their major as satisfactory OR
- Successful completion of the Computer Skills Placement test with a score of 64.
The 70-question Computer Skills Placement test contains 10 multiple-choice questions and performance-based items from each of the following skills area:
- Basic Concepts of Information Technology
- Using the Computer and Managing Files
- Word Processing
- Information and Communication
A passing score of 64 is required to fulfill the graduation requirement. No course credit will be awarded. The CSP may be attempted a maximum of three times. There is a mandatory 30-day waiting period between retests. If you do not pass on the third attempt, you must take the computer course designated by your major.
You may search for a Microsoft tutorial on the Internet. You will need to know MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. You will also need to be familiar with computer hardware basics and the Internet.