FIRST-YEAR IN COLLEGE STUDENTS
To be considered for the 2023 Terry Scholarship at UTA as an incoming freshman, a student must:
- Have demonstrated participation and leadership in community, work, school, or other organizations.
- Have strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades and SAT/ACT scores:
- SAT/ACT scores will not be required for the 2023-2024 application cycle.
- Submitting SAT/ACT scores may help your holistic application review.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need (subject to case-by-case review).
- Be a graduate of a Texas high school or Texas home-school
- Apply for admission to UTA as a full-time student for 2023-2024. We recommend that you apply for the University prior to January 9th. This date is a target date so that you will be admitted before applications are reviewed. Anyone not admitted to the University by the time applications are reviewed cannot be considered.
- Complete the Free Application for FAFSA (Federal Student Aid) eligibility for need based aid is not a requirement to receive the scholarship.
- Be willing to live on campus in the designated Terry Scholars residence hall for at least the first year.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.