Faculty and Staff Involvement
We appreciate your interest in knowing more about the UTA Lockheed Martin Career Development Center and in referring students and employers to us. Faculty and staff are important partners in the effective delivery of our services. As a UTA faculty or staff member, you play an integral role in influencing students’ decisions and experiences. Students may come to you first with questions about career choices, jobs and internships related to their major and how to locate resources on campus to help them. Our goal is to partner with you to assist our students (and alumni) in making informed career choices and finding success.
The UTA Lockheed Martin Career Development Center works with students from freshmen to graduate students. Our services are also available to all alumni throughout their careers. We can help a student at any stage in their career development process; however, it is important for students to connect with our office early in their UTA experience to establish a relationship with a consultant, learn about our resources and develop a career action plan.
Faculty and staff can be involved in assisting our UTA students in many ways, including:
- Job Fairs
- Workshops and Presentations
- On Campus Interviews
- Etiquette Dinner seminars
- Employer visits
How the UTA Lockheed Martin Career Development Center Can Help Your Students
We can help students in a variety ways! Here are just a few ways you can help us help your students:
- Refer undecided or uncertain students to us for a career consultation.
- Encourage students needing an internship, full-time or part-time job to use HIREAMAV, our online job-posting database, for researching employers and available positions. Registering for HIREAMAV also gives students/alumni the opportunity to participate in on-campus interviews!
- Encourage students to participate in Résumé Workshops, Mock Interviews and attend our Job Fairs and other networking events on campus.
- Invite us to give career-related presentations and workshops. We can customize any presentation to meet your class needs.