Apply for Aid
Students who wish to apply for financial aid must meet certain general eligibility criteria to apply for most need-based financial aid. If you meet the criteria outlined below, please review the steps listed under the Application Process to ensure that you complete all required steps.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here.
Our general eligibility requirements are that you must:
- demonstrate financial need (for most programs);
- be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
- have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
- be registered with Selective Service, if you're a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25);
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or teacher certificate program (PLEASE NOTE: Students in nursing certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid);
- be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- have resolved any drug convictions;
- sign statements on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) stating that
- you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant and
- you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes