CAPPA undergraduate major change requirements:
Students fully accepted for major change in Architecture, Interior Design, or Sustainable Urban Design are accepted into the Basic Studies program.
The Basic Studies program students must complete all of the first 2 years (1st & 2nd year) major courses of the program they enter, in the prescribed sequence, also complete the required core curriculum for that program, and meet specific GPA requirements. The Basic Studies program prepares a foundation to students for declaring into the Major Studies program (see major declaration requirements) which is an additional 2 years (3rd & 4th year). Please refer to our degree plans.
To change majors into a Basic Studies program in CAPPA, we require:
1. Completion of 12 hours at UTA with a minimum 2.8 GPA
2. Minimum 2.8 GPA in any CAPPA classes taken, if applicable (ARCH, INTD, UDES, ESST, LARC, PAPP, PLAN),
3. Complete the CAPPA Major Change Module in Canvas (email email@example.com for access permission within the major change opening dates above).
4. Respond to 1 Design-thinking prompt (found in CAPPA Major Change Module) showing your passion for a design-based major.
Prospective major changes, who meet requirements 1-4 after their current semester grades have posted, would email firstname.lastname@example.org and the department will make a final decision based on:
5. Prompt question submission review