University Center Suite 150
301 W First Street
Arlington, Texas 76019
Residence Hall Move In
Fall 2023 Move-In Information will be updated as we move closer to Summer 2023!
Fall 2023 Res Hall Move-In Day: Thursday, Aug. 17.
The below information contains specific items to our Fall 2022 Res Hall Move-In Event. Many of the items do apply for 2023, but dates and specifics may change!
Fall 2022 Move-In
UTA Housing Move-In Guide 2022
What to Know
Students will be sent information to their UTA student email address to reserve a check-in time in August.
On August 20th, students will be able to check in between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m, with the assistance of volunteers as needed.
Students will also be able to check in on Sunday, Aug. 21 from 10am to 4 p.m. (volunteers will not be available on Sunday). Please note that UTA's first day of class is scheduled for Monday, August 22.
- All residents must sign up for a check-in time, students will be sent information about check-in in August, through the Housing Portal.
- Students will only be able to check in at their scheduled time.
- When checking in, go to your hall check in area without your belongings.
- If you do not have your MAV ID card, bring a government issued ID (e.g. driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Only residents will be allowed in the check in area. We ask that guests wait to assist their resident with their belongings until they have checked in.
- Once checked in, go to your suite/room to complete your room inventory sheet.
- We ask that residents bring their own dolly/wagon to transport their belongings from their vehicle if possible. There will be limited dollies and carts on site for students to check out.
- Remember to drink plenty of water and take breaks.
Please continue to check the university housing website and your student email account for updates about move-in, and do not hesitate to contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I park?
We have created a parking map to reference for Move-In Event. Check out your parking options below!
Vandergriff Hall residents will receive an email prior to the Move-In Event showing which parking garage would be most convenient to park in corresponding to their room number.
All residents will be able to order their parking permit online after August 1st. For more information on parking permits and detailed instructions on how to sign up, check out Parking Service's webpage.
WHEN WILL I FIND OUT MY ROOMMATE?
Roommate notifications are typically sent out the first full week of August to your UTA email address for students who have a confirmed reservation. If you do not get it by the end of the first full week of August, please email us at email@example.com.
Because we sometimes get last minute cancellations as students finalize their college plans, these changes may affect who your roommate will be. Waiting until the first week of August allows us more confidence that your roommate provided will actually move into the residence hall. Keep in mind, we sometimes need to change roommates last minute and if we do this, we make every attempt to notify you prior to move-in day.
What Comes in My Room?
Each room and residence hall is slightly different. Housing tries to provide the items listed in each location on the individual residence hall pages. WiFi is included, for information about how to update, view our MyResNet Guide.
WHAT CAN I BRING?
Check out this handy Residence Hall Packing List with recommendations of what you should and shouldn't bring to your new home!
Mid Semester Move-In?
Whether you move onto campus mid-semester or during move-in week, following the outlined process below will help ensure a speedy and hassle free arrival.
- Stop by the Housing Office to complete your contract and all deposits & prepayments
- Take your receipt to the community front desk to obtain your room number and key
- Move your belongings in
- Stop by to meet your RA