634 Nedderman Hall
416 Yates Street
Arlington, TX 76019-0019
Academic Honesty in the College of Engineering
STATEMENT ON ETHICS, PROFESSIONALISM, AND CONDUCT FOR ENGINEERING STUDENTS
The College cannot and will not tolerate any form of academic dishonesty by its students. This includes, but is not limited to cheating on examinations, plagiarism, or collusion.
Cheating on an examination includes:
- Copying from another's paper, any means of communication with another during an examination, giving aid to or receiving aid from another during an examination;
- Using any material during an examination that is unauthorized by the proctor;
- Taking or attempting to take an examination for another student or allowing another student to take or attempt to take an examination for oneself.
- Using, obtaining, or attempting to obtain by any means the whole or any part of a not-yet-administered examination.
- Plagiarism is the unacknowledged incorporation of another's work into work which the student offers for credit.
- Collusion is the unauthorized collaboration of another in preparing work that a student offers for credit.
For a more detailed description of each violation, reference the Student Code of Conduct.
UTA Honor Code
I pledge, on my honor, to uphold UT Arlington's tradition of academic integrity, a tradition that values hard work and honest effort in the pursuit of academic excellence. I promise that I will submit only work that I personally create or that I contribute to group collaborations, and I will appropriately reference any work from other sources. I will follow the highest standards of integrity and uphold the spirit of the Honor Code.