634 Nedderman Hall
416 Yates Street
Arlington, TX 76019-0019
Important Dates to Remember (Fall 2020 graduation):
Be sure to check your junk/clutter email folder regularly to make sure you do not miss important emails regarding graduation and commencement!
October 1: Deadline to apply to graduate on MyMav for Fall 2020 semester (additional fee is assessed after this date)
TBD: Grad Fair at UTA Bookstore (Josten's will be there to receive orders for regalia, invitations, ring, photography)
December 1: Deadline to hold Master's Exam or Dissertation Defense (Master's and PhD students)*
December 8: Deadline to submit your approved Thesis or Dissertation to the Library AND submit a report of your Final Master's Exam Report or Dissertation Defense Report to the Office of Admissions, Records and Registration (Master's and PhD students)*
*Dates are subject to change. Check this page for updates
University Policy Regarding Doctoral Students Participating in Commencement
Doctoral students must submit the Dissertation Defense Report showing the dissertation has been defended successfully to the Office of Records no later than one week before the first scheduled university Commencement ceremony in order to participate in any college/school ceremony. The Office of Records and Registration will send a list of all doctoral students who have not defended their dissertations to each academic dean immediately after this deadline has passed. The Dean will inform these students that they will not be allowed to participate and the Dean will invite them to participate in a Commencement Ceremony taking place in a later semester after they have met all requirements for their degree. Doctoral students who do not participate in Commencement may still graduate and receive their degrees in that term if they complete their defenses and other requirements by deadlines set by Records and Registration.
If you have missed the deadline to apply to graduate, follow these steps:
- Apply for graduation in the next available semester on MyMav
- Meet with Departmental Advisor/Admin to request moving graduation back one semester
- If approved, your advisor will need to email Dr. Lynn Peterson to request approval of the student’s request
- If Dr. Peterson approves your request, she will notify the registrar
- The Registrar will then manually update the graduation application to the semester requested and email student (and copy advisor/admin, Dr. Peterson) to let them know the status
- Once approved, you will need to register to participate in Commencement by the deadline
UTA wants to see your graduation journey! Use #MavGrad2020 to share on all social media channels from now until graduation.
The Shorthorn is now offering Graduation Photo Packages for graduates.
Grad Cap Decorating Contest
Graduating Mavericks can submit their grad cap designs during the entry period via email. Send a picture of your decorated cap to firstname.lastname@example.org.