Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
Engage K-12 and higher education students and faculty in a dynamic academic experience focused on K-16 policy, practice, and research.
- Students: Diversity, learning, and an emphasis on all aspects of the student experience, from connection to completion.
- Program Quality: Maintaining, growing or creating quality programs, with an eye on innovation and adaptability.
- Collegiality: Integrity, transparency, and mutual respect in interactions and communications.
- Partnership: Internal and external collaborations to strengthen our viability and serve our stakeholders.
Criminal History Acknowledgement:
As required by Texas HB1508, applicants need to be aware of the following.
- In order to receive a teacher certification in Texas, you must pass a criminal history background check.
- If you have been convicted of an offense that is considered not appropriate for an educator, you could be ineligible to earn this certification from the state of Texas.
- You have a right to request a preliminary criminal history evaluation letter from the Texas Education Agency prior to admission into this program. The Texas Education Agency currently charges a $50 fee for this criminal history evaluation.
For more information on Preliminary Criminal History Evaluation:
Visit our admissions page to get started on your application: https://www.uta.edu/coed/educleadership/admissions/index.php