Applying for Field Experience
Before You Apply
You must have purchased access to our UTA Tk20 system in order to access the Field Application. If you have already purchased your account and have access to the UTA Tk20 system you do not need to purchase it again.
If this is your first time to access the UTA Tk20 system and you need to purchase your account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://payment.tk20.com/ctpayment/?id=utarlington
- Select the "I need to purchase my 7 year Tk20 account ($100)" radio button, then the "continue" button.
- It takes 2 to 3 business days for the account to activate. Check your email for the activation notification.
Spring Field Placements: The application for Spring Field Placement usually opens on the first business day of October and usually closes on the last business day of October at 5 PM (local Arlington, Texas time).
Fall Field Placements: The application for Fall Field Placement usually opens on the first business day of February and usually closes on the last business day of February at 5 PM (local Arlington, Texas time).
Juniors: Applications for Mid-Level, EC-6/ESL and Bilingual Juniors placements usually opens in August during the first two weeks of school and only after the Tk20 system has been prepared for the Fall semester.
Observation Only: Applications for Observation Only usually opens during September and January. Make sure to apply using the "Observation Only" application.
Under normal circumstances, you must finish and submit your application before the deadline. Applying after the deadline is subject to approval and is handled on a case-by-case basis. Approval is not guaranteed. If the deadline has passed, and you still wish to apply, please contact the Office of Professional Development to explain your situation and your extenuating circumstances.
All Deadlines are subject to revision. The Field Office will communicate the precise deadline for your application cycle through the Advising Office Listserv and through your instructors.
Steps to Apply for Field Placement
To apply you need an active Tk20 account (see section "before you apply" above). When you are ready to apply:
- Log in to the UTA Tk20 system (https://go.uta.edu/tk20) using your student NetID and password.
- Go to the Applications tab (the top row of tabs).
- From the Applications area, choose "Create" from the left-hand Applications menu...
- And choose the correct application from the drop down menu.
- Fill out the application.
- When the application is complete, make sure you submit the application so that it is sent to the Office of Field Experience.
Note about which application to choose (Step 4): The application will not be in the drop down menu until the application period opens. For example: if you are NOT a Mid-Level Junior DO NOT choose the Mid-Level Junior application.
Note about application instructions (Step 5): There are instructions at the end of the application directing you to print specific required documents materials for submission to the Field Office. Please read and follow these directions to complete the application process. Online applications must be submitted by the application deadline. Print materials must be delivered to the Field Office, Carlisle Hall 514.